Quite a few years ago now, I was talking with my brother when he announced, “Environmentalists must be idiots.” When I asked him what he meant, he said, “All they’re trying to do is convince people that pollution is bad and they can’t manage to do it.” His point has stayed with me because he’s right. There are very few statements as obviously true as, “Pollution is bad.” Environmentalists really must be idiots. The thing is, it isn’t just environmentalists. The entire left side of the political spectrum is stupid. We are all just so used to it that it takes someone with my brother’s insight to make us notice it.
The Left’s stupidity can been seen in almost every area they care about. Look at this list:
- It is a problem when off duty police officers kill nonthreatening people for nonviolent offenses
- It is a problem when the military is full of rapists
- It is a problem when bridges collapse
- It is a problem when citizens are denied equal protection under the law
- It is a problem when the Southwest’s main water source dries up
- It is a problem when the food supply gets contaminated
- It is a problem when an illness can bankrupt a family
I’d like to think that none of those problems are even a little controversial. I would be shocked if anyone thinks these things are OK. It seems that no one would need to be convinced of these things, but the Left can’t figure out how to convince people. I swear they would have trouble convincing people that the sky is blue and that water is wet.
The thing that I can’t figure is why the stupidity? Does liberalism attract stupid people or does it make people stupid? And why does the Left act like they are smarter than everyone else? They are too stupid to make a decently convincing argument that pollution, rape, murder, death and destruction are bad things. They must also be too stupid to realize how stupid they are.